KIRSTY MOORE | PLANS4HOME
BSc (Hons) Construction | PgDip Surveying | HNC Building Studies
New-Build & Domestic Extensions
Providing elegant, achievable design solutions that fit your brief, compliment your home and make the most of your budget.
Bringing inspiration, ideas and practical experience to your project based on 20+ years’ construction experience, backed up by a Degree in Construction, an HNC in Building Studies and a Post-graduate Diploma in Surveying.
Established in March 2017 plans4home has successfully delivered Planning Consents for over thirty projects ranging from small extensions to new-build property developments, as well as providing related services to local builders, developers and architectural practices.
Architectural Designer – Feb 2017-Present
Sole practitioner managing a successful Architectural practice providing Planning, Building Regulations and Project Management services to domestic and commercial clients for residential projects.
Technical Design Manager – Apr 2014-Feb 2017
Solely responsible for advancing large-scale residential development projects from initial Planning stage designs, incorporating plethora specialist reports, through to robust, efficient, regulations compliant, buildable designs clearly presented via quality plans and supporting documentation.
Duties included management, programming, procurement and co-ordination of Consultants and Local / Statutory Authorities across multiple design teams on concurrent projects ranging from developments of £1m+ bespoke homes to apartment blocks for Social Housing providers on developments of typically 10-80 units.
Output for each development generally comprised:
- Pre-construction documentation demonstrating consideration of Principal Designer duties and managing remaining risk;
- Detailed construction specifications clearly and concisely communicating full materials or performance and quality specifications for a variety of regularly-reviewed finish levels;
- A full suite of Building and NHBC Regulations compliant plans with co-ordinating Structural plans and detailing;
- External works including private and adopted roads, drainage solutions, utilities, setting-out, landscape and Section Agreements;
- 1:20 detailing of complicated or critical elements likely to raise queries or cause delay on site from roof detailing, bay windows and level thresholds to river revetments or balconies, as required;
- Co-ordinating electrical, mechanical, ventilation, kitchen and bathroom layouts, often to multiple specification levels;
- Liaising with Planning Authorities to discharge Conditions;
- Portfolio, marketing, sales and conveyancing plans; and
- A handover meeting with the Construction team to ensure all technical aspects of the design are clearly communicated.
Project Surveyor – 2012-2014
Operating responsibility for 3 to 4 simultaneous projects focused on time management and cost control including the procurement, appointment and co-ordination of site teams, Sub-contractors and Consultants. Responsible for completing projects on time, completing estimates and cost management, monthly valuations, funding applications and quarterly cost reporting.
Self-Build – 2012
As the sole design professional on the project (excluding the Structural Engineer) I personally coordinated and completed everything from early Planning negotiations, through to Building Regulations compliance, Specifications, Procurement & Contracts, Budgeting and Cost Control, for our own new-build cottage in the New Forest National Park.
Quantity Surveyor – 2005-2012
Completing all Quantity Surveying duties for each development this role presented the opportunity to develop my site-based knowledge and team-work skills. Typically responsible for 2 to 3 projects at various build stages I also took this opportunity to significantly revise the Sub-contract Scope of Works and Specifications improving cost certainty and consistency of finish quality. I Project Managed the company’s first Social Housing development which was also the company’s first Code for Sustainable Homes Level 3 compliant project.
Estimator – 2001-2005
A mainly office-based role I was responsible for 3 to 4 simultaneous projects of values typically £2m – £5m. My first sole project was a 47 unit housing development with a build value of £3.8m; at final account this project completed well within targets at just 1% over budget.
Surveyor’s Assistant / Junior QS – 1999-2001
The development of my Surveying skills started within a two-person team led by a RICS Chartered QS. This one-to-one environment provided the opportunity for me to develop a wider skill-set than is typical in a junior role. In addition to learning the usual measurement skills, estimating, purchase orders and processing payments, I was also responsible for completing all target-U and SAP calculations, some architectural detailing, refurbishment design and reporting the effect of Building Regulations changes on costs, and specifications.